Junior GIS Consultant
Junior GIS Consultant
As Junior GIS consultant you are responsible for the successful technical progress of projects at Inetum-Realdolmen or at the customer. Integration and development within GIS products is central. Within your project, you build up the necessary knowledge and you ensure that the established architecture is respected. In time you can also be deployed for carrying out technical consultancy and/or software development assignments at customers. The development and follow-up of technological evolutions such as 3D-GIS, mobile and cloud are part of your responsibilities.
You are someone who can and wants to make a difference with customers because of your drive and positive attitude. You are actively involved in updating and improving your own knowledge and skills.
Technical knowledge required:
- You preferably have a master's degree in geography, (bio-) engineering, industrial sciences or computer sciences
- You have a healthy interest in ICT and its applications
- You are fascinated by cartography and GIS
- Experience with CAD environments and linkage between CAD and GIS is considered a plus, among others: AutoCAD and AutoCAD MAP, Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite, Microstation
- Experience with one or more of the following products or equivalent is a plus:
- Web-based GIS extensions (OpenLayers, Leaflet, GeoWebCache)
- Server GIS applications (ArcGIS Server, Geoserver, Mapguide OS)
- Desktop GIS software (QGIS, ArcGIS Pro, AutoCAD Map)
- Open GIS standards and formats such as geoJSON, KML and OSM
- Conversion tools such as Gdal and FME
- Spatial databases, in particular PostGIS, Oracle Spatial and/or SQL Spatial Server
You also have the following characteristics:
- Stress resistant
- Being able to work independently
- Sense of initiative, proactive
- Dare to take responsibility quickly
- You are a good listener, and are able to translate your customer's expectations into unambiguous requirements
- You are solution oriented
- You are willing to learn continuously
- You communicate fluently, both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of both national languages (NL/FR)
- Good knowledge of English
- You are flexible in terms of work location and working hours
- The opportunity to have a meaningful job where you can make a difference
- The chance to continuously evolve as a professional, coupled with a variety of training opportunities
- Relevant career opportunities to get you where you want to be, with the IT knowledge you need
- Inetum-Realdolmen wants you to find a balance between work and private life by offering flexible hours, satellite offices, home working and an informal no-nonsense environment
- 32 days of annual leave, because life isn’t all about working
- Forget about the miles: we provide you with a company car and a national fuel card
- Group insurance and hospitalization insurance, because we care about you
- And of course, we also offer a gross salary. One which is optimised from a net perspective for our employees!
Got any questions or need for more info before applying? Get in touch with Erik De Romagnoli, our Talent Officer, at Erik.DeRomagnoli@inetum-realdolmen.world
Inetum Realdolmen, a member of the European Inetum Group with approximately 1,950 highly qualified employees, provides strategic, tactical and operational ICT solutions for over 1,000 customers throughout the Benelux. In every cooperation, Realdolmen realizes the potential of people and organizations and strives to keep ICT human. We are driven by technological innovation, but we advance at the speed of your ambition, results-focused and managing fundamental change.
Our company motto "New Challenges, New Ideas" reflects this.
An employer you really want to work for!
Not only is Realdolmen a no-nonsense, solid, stable and experienced company with great in-house knowledge and expertise, but we also put our employees first: every individual receives the attention they need. ‘Heart for People' is more than just words for us – it's one of our very core values.
Satellite offices, extensive training opportunities, work-life balance, competence reviews and career opportunities: these are no empty promises for us. Our organization attaches great importance to diversity. We guarantee an objective selection process, whereby candidates are tested and selected solely on the basis of their qualities and skills.
With us it's all about you!