QA Agile Service
QA Agile Service
Agile Testing is a software testing practice that follows the principles of agile software development.
The new frameworks used in IT organizations and based on Agile practices (Scrum, Kamban, SAFe, LeSS, Nexus, DAD, etc.) mean that the traditional Test Office (TMO) services have to be reconverted, using new organizational models and with a testing team with more complete training than previously required.
Inetum Quality Services is specialist in the operation of Agile QA services and in the provision of SDET (Software Developer Engineer in Testing) profiles, which positions us as a reliable provider of QA services in Agile organizations.
We follow the following Testing Agile model:
- Agile Testing is a software testing practice that follows the principles of agile software development.
- It involves all members of an agile multifunctional team, the role of the tester is also a multifunctional expert, ensuring that the business value desired by the client is delivered at a sustainable and continuous pace.
- Agile frameworks do not have a separate phase for testing, It is integrated into software development, just like programming.
- Agile teams use a “Whole Team Test” approach to integrate quality into product development, as opposed to a build-first-then-inspect approach to determine the quality level.
- Agile Testing encompasses the following principles:
- Testing is not a phase: Continuous testing is the only way to guarantee continuous progress, therefore, testing is carried out continuously along with software development and other activities.
- Testing moves the project forward: Agile Testing provides continuous feedback, allowing correct the course continuously during software development.
- The whole team conducts tests.
- Reduce the time to receive feedback: In Agile Testing, the business area (the client) are involved in each iteration, not only at the end during the acceptance phase, as a result, the feedback time is reduced and the cost of fixes is also minor.
- Clean code: Defects in the code are fixed in the same iteration, keeping the code clean.
- Reduce test documentation: Agile Testers use reusable checklists instead of extensive documentation, they focus on the essence of the test instead of details. Following agile principles, these checklists are the beginning of the test definitions and not the end, and the tester is free to add value.
- Guided by tests: Agile Testing, tests are done "during" development and not after development as in conventional methods. A series of practices are incorporated, such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development, among others.
- We incorporate testing specialists called Software Developer Engineer in Testing (SDET). The new SDET mindset should be aimed at helping developers, and the rest of the team, build a customer-friendly system, test from their perspective, and anticipate their concerns; if we understand the needs of the end user we can put ourselves in their shoes and understand what they will use it for and how they will solve their problem. We no longer seek to see where others failed during construction, now we intercede to support and accelerate that process.
- The SDET is primarily a software developer and must be able to develop code like any other member of the agile cell. However, its function will not be to develop, it will ensure that the entire agile cell develops with quality. Therefore He must have the plus of "engineer in QA and testing".
- SDETs are organized as Chapter QA, they will meet periodically with the aim of promoting innovation for the benefit of the Tribe, by dealing with topics of common interest in which they are specialists. SDET Lead is in charge of directing the team, and for this he has greater specialization and experience.